Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Shadow is Born

As I put quill to parchment I find myself distracted by the influx of energy coursing through my body and realize several moons have come and gone without rest. I've begun training my adopted Nephew in the ways of the shadow Hunter and our frequent trips to the Shadowlands have re-invigorated my powers and energy. I find however my greatest source of energy is pride, pride in the achievements of my nephew and his resilience during such a trying phase of his tutelage. I was concerned for his safety when imbibing the Elixir of Shadow..however not only did he survive he came free of the experience in perfect health. My old darkened heart can't help but swell with filial affection at the boys tenacious yet reverential attitude towards the pathway of education that he has started down. It is uncommon to find such passion, drive and respect for the old ways in such a young mind and heart, but it is I the teacher who find my student waiting respectfully for the next step.

I will closely watch my student for the next few weeks as the effects of the elixir will surely play havoc on his personality as his body learns to find balance with the shadowy essence within. Already I have seen his powers of stealth greatly improved and he has even begun to learn the art of shadow warping, which as you well know is the ability to phase ones weapons out and re phase them bypassing armor and protection to achieve horrendous wounds. I find myself with a sliver of hope that the son will persist where the father had failed, and carry on his bloodlines dedication to the Shadow Hunter art. The candle burns low and my duties in the boneyard call, so I will end this entry with a favored excerpt from the Scrolls of Infinite Shadow.

"The shadow reflects not the face that gazes into it, only the darkness hidden beneath"
- Keeper Azhil'Guul.

No comments:

Post a Comment